Monday, March 2, 2009

The job hunt may have ended...

Recently, a temporary position I had with Google ended, and I was left to try and find other work from home opportunities. If you've ever had to look for work that you can do from home, you understand the challenge that can be. First, there are a lot of scams out there. Second, reputable companies that hire remote workers are few and far between.

I was lucky to be watching the "Today" show several months ago and found out about a website called ratracerebellion.com. It's a website moderated by professionals who seek out and screen work from home job opportunities. They do more than that, but that's the one thing I've relied on in recent months. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanted to find a legitimate work from home option.

Anyway, yesterday, I found an ad on the website for ChaCha guides. It sounds like I'd be teaching dance lessons, but ChaCha is a question and answer company. Basically people can call in or text a question and they'll get an answer back. For example, "Do porcupines float?" or "Is there a Mexican restaurant in Southwest St. Louis"? It's a wonderful service that's actually free to its users. As a guide, I would answer questions using an amazing search system they've devised. I took an application test and passed. Then I went through the training on the site and took a "final exam". I'll find out in the next few days if I've passed that, and then I'll get to work. It's a nice flexible job that doesn't pay a huge amount, but would enable us to receive some much-needed extra income. Say prayers for me that this works out. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get the job Tina! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty cool. However I would like to see some salsa dancing. It's nice to hear a little about what is going on with you. Are you not teaching anymore?
    -Zane

    ReplyDelete