Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'd like to thank the academy...

Ok, the academy hasn't awarded me with anything, but for a short time last night, I felt like an Oscar had been bestowed upon me. One of the dreams I've had since I was old enough to read "Run Spot, Run", was to write. My hope was to one day write a novel, which I've started working on...very slowly. I've learned over the years that the best way to get better at writing is to do it...often. So, I joined a website called Helium.com. It's a website for writers. You can publish articles on just about any subject, and that includes creative writing pieces.

That brings me to what made me feel so good last night. The day before yesterday, I posted a short story I had written a few years ago for some of my students. When you post an article, it is rated by other writers. The day after I posted the story, I checked it's position, and it was rated #3 out of 31! I was so excited. It was my first story and my first time posting on the site.

Yesterday afternoon, I posted a devotion I had written about my sister and my twin nephews. When I checked it's rating last night, it was listed as the FEATURED article! It was #1 out of 37. I was walking on cloud nine. If you'd like to read the story and the devotion, just follow the link to Helium here on my page.

I feel inspired. Maybe this is the jump start I need to get me writing on a regular basis. That's my plan, anyway. I'll keep you "posted"!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh Tina!!!!! That is soooo good! I can not believe that your stories were that good, among a million other people. I mean I'm glad you did great....The way I said that was wrong. Forget what I said! now listen to this...I'M SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HAPPENED, YOU ARE AN AWESOME WRITER!!!!!!!! btw, i have all of my #4 essays that were graded from Mrs. Straw for you to read. ttyl, PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I get to the place to where I can read your entries? -Peace girl-

    ReplyDelete