Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I have not fallen off the face of the earth..

Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive. Last week was Spring Break and I got to have my hubby home. I loved it, but he ended up with the same respiratory crud that Samuel had and passed on to me. Lawrence didn't get as much rest as he would've liked, but he got to spend some quality time with Samuel. It was hard for Samuel when he went back to work, though. He kept looking for his daddy. It was so sad.

Back to the real world and our semi-crazy schedules. This morning was our story time at the library. I really enjoy going to that. Samuel is still a little young to sit still through the story, but he's learning, bit by bit. They listen to a story and then do some kind of craft. It's usually coloring something. Today, our story was about pigs. Apparently, it's pig appreciation month. Who knew? After the stories, they colored pigs. Samuel does not yet have the coloring thing down. He does at least keep the color mostly on the paper, but there's no pattern to it. I love to watch him work on it, though. He concentrates so hard.

I think I can say this without sounding like a proud mama, but my little guy is so bright. The other day, he crawled into bed with his daddy who turned on the tv. We have Dish Network and what typically happens, is you turn the power on and then the satellite. When the satellite is off, you see a Dish logo and some instructions. Well, that day, after Lawrence turned on the tv, Samuel looked at it and said "Dish". We had never told him what that was. Now, I know he can't yet read, but he had seen a commercial for it and figured it out. Lawrence told me about it, and several days later, I turned on the tv, pointed to the logo and said, "Samuel, what does this say?" He looked at it and said, "Dish Network". Lawrence and I fell over laughing. He amazes me everyday.

Speaking of our crazy schedule, I have to get ready to go teach children's choir at church. I'll try to do better and keep this updated. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. wow, I bet that was funny when Samuel said Dish Network! I can't wait for the words he's to learn and say!
    luv you Tina!

    ReplyDelete